The symptoms of COVID-19 and the flu can look the same. It can be difficult for doctors to identify based solely on signs and symptoms and, if undiagnosed, can lead to health complications or spread in the community. The SARS-CoV-2 & Influenza A / B test for use in the cobas® Liat® system provides urgent and accurate responses to confirm or rule out influenza and COVID-19 in 20 minutes with a single test, enabling Early Care and effective patient.
SARS-CoV-2 and influenza A / B:
- A sample, a test, 20 minutes, know if it is COVID-19 or Flu
- Eliminate testing workload with simple and intuitive user operation
- Minimize cross-contamination and risk of exposure during testing with closed system design
With the unique combination of a specific menu of molecular POC assays, the cobas® Liat® system and the cobas® infinity POC solution, Roche offers the total PCR solution at the point of care, enabling healthcare professionals to help your patients more efficiently.
1. Hot Start PCR: high specificity
2. Detection Target: HA (Influenza A / B), N and ORF1a gene (SARS-CoV-2)
3. OneStep PCR – Multiple targets in a single reaction
4. Reliable system: internal PCR control (RNase P)
5. Easy-to-use master mix – just add template and primer/probe mix
6. Rapid detection: 75-minute amplification
7. Sample type: nasopharyngeal swab
The NZYTech Flu A / B and COVID-19 Multiplex One-Step (IVD) RT-qPCR Kit provides the complete set of reagents and probes to qualitatively detect SARS-CoV-2 and/or influenza genomes, through common real-time tests. PCR platforms. SARS-CoV-2 is identified by detecting RT-qPCR targets located in the RdRp and N genes. In contrast, Influenza A and Influenza B viruses are detected by amplifying targets located in the M1 and NS2 genes. respectively. NZYTech’s One Step COVID-19 and Flu A / B Multiplex RT-qPCR (IVD) Kit is designed to have the broadest possible detection profile while remaining specific for SARS-CoV-2 genomes. and influenza types A and B.
The NZYTech Flu A / B COVID-19 Multiplex One-Step (IVD) RT-qPCR Kit is a multiplex assay that detects SARS-CoV-2, Influenza A, Influenza B, and Human Nucleic Acids (acting as an internal positive control). The extracted and purified RNA is transcribed into cDNA and subsequently amplified in a single reaction using five highly specific primer/probe sets, namely those that detect the RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (RdRp) of SARS-CoV-2 and the nucleocapsid phosphoprotein (N) genes, Influenza A and B Matrix (M1) and Nonstructural 2 specific genes (NS2) and the human ribonuclease P gene (RNase P, RP). The kit exploits the so-called TaqMan® principle.
During this process, the probes specifically hybridize to their target genes and, after DNA amplification, through two flanking primers, undergo degradation leading to separation of the reporter dye from the quencher, resulting in increased fluorescence. The detection of the internal control (the human RNase P gene) validates the efficiency of the extraction process as well as the absence of PCR inhibitors potentially present in human biological samples. To allow identification of the amplification of the five specific targets in a single reaction, specific probes for SARS-CoV-2, Influenza A / B and human RNase P are labelled differently, with Texas Red® reporter dyes, FAM ™ and HEX ™, respectively.
Note that this panel contains a duplex assay on Texas Red® (SARS-CoV-2 RdRp and N specific target genes) and FAM ™ (Influenza A and Influenza B specific target genes) channels. This allows to report additive performance of the assays for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 but prevents the distinction between influenza A / B infections. Additionally, all five primer/probe sets are provided in optimized concentrations, ensuring that amplification of less abundant nucleic acids is not compromised when other viral targets are present at higher concentrations.
- NZYMultiplex One Step RT-qPCR Probe Master Mix (2x)
- COVID-19 & Flu A / B Primer Mix (20x)
- COVID-19 and Flu A / B Probe Mix (20x) (with Texas Red®, FAM ™ and HEX ™ Labels)
- COVID-19 and Flu A / B Positive Control 1 (SARS-CoV-2 ORF1ab, Influenza B NS2 and human RP genes)
- COVID-19 & Flu A / B Positive Control 2 (SARS-CoV-2 N, Influenza A M1 and human RP genes)
- RNase / DNase free water
Storage conditions: -30 ° C to -15 ° C
Shipping Terms: Shipped with dry ice